This is an Accessibility Statement from London Pensions Fund Authority.
Measures to support accessibility
London Pensions Fund Authority takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of the LPFA website:
- The website has been designed to conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Users can access BrowseAloud/ReachDeck assistive technology (through a floating toolbar) which provides text-to-speech functionality and can translate the website into over 100 languages.
- This technology also ensures that all content updates made to the LPFA website are WCAG 2.0 compliant and written in plain English.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The LPFA website is fully compliant with WCAG 2.0 level AA.
Additional accessibility considerations
The website build and design began under WCAG 2.0 so our immediate aim is Level AA conformance under WCAG 2.0. We will undertake further development to ensure that it meets, as far as possible, Level AA under WCAG 2.1.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the LPFA website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the LPFA website:
- Phone: 0208 078 3884
- Email: email@example.com
- Visitor and Postal address: 169 Union Street, Southwark, London, SE1 0LL
- Twitter: @LPFA1
We try to respond to feedback within five working days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The LPFA website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- BrowseAloud and ReachDeck
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the LPFA website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
- The BrowseAloud/ReachDeck tool bar requires a mouse and some vision to use, so may be inaccessible to some groups with motor and vision issues. We will investigate alternative assistive technologies on expiration of the BrowseAloud/ReachDeck contract.
- Animations. There are some animations on YouTube that our website links to. Subtitles were not included at the time of production so are not fully accessible. We will address this by using YouTube’s editing function to add subtitles to the videos.
London Pensions Fund Authority assessed the accessibility of the LPFA website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation by the web design agency, Wordshop
- Review of the WCAG 2.1 checklist to ensure design compliance
- Website accessibility and scanning by ReachDeck.
All complaints and queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the issues do not meet our WCAG 2.0 Level AA – our desired standard – the issue will be assessed and remedied unless the cost of immediate action is prohibitive. In those cases, the issue will be considered for resolution as part of the websites ongoing schedule of development. LPFA will advise the user raising the issue of our approach.
Formal approval of this Accessibility Statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
London Pensions Fund Authority
This statement was created on July 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.