The Investment Committee is one of two standing committees of the Board. Its role is to monitor the operation of the investment and funding arrangements of the LPFA. It also has been given delegated authority by the Board to exercise certain investment related decisions on its behalf.
INVESTMENT COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Investment Committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring the operation of the LPFA’s investment and funding operations.
- Exercising certain investment related decisions on behalf of the Board under authority specifically delegated to the Committee.
- Periodically reviewing all strategic elements of the LPFA’s investment arrangement and recommending any appropriate changes to the Investment Strategy.
- Considering proposals from LPPI regarding investment related matters.
- Receiving assurance that the Authority has robust controls in relation to management investment related risks.
- Reviewing LPFA policies relating to responsible investment.
- Appointing independent investment consultants, as required.
- Receiving reports on the above matters and making recommendations to the Board as necessary.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Investment Committee’s terms of reference outline the composition, function and duties of the Committee. These include:
- Monitor the performance of the LPFA’s investment and funding operations.
- Investment related risk
- Responsible Investment
- Investment Strategy review
The Investment Committee’s Terms of Reference can be found in the LPFA’s Constitutional Document available in our Library (under ‘Our policies & procedures’).